Monday, April 13, 2009

Mackinaw City - Mackinac Bridge roadtrip

I know this is not related to "Florida" in any way but it is related to a nice experience I had during a Memorial Day. I decided with some friends of mine to take a road trip. I had one of them saying that he's got some relatives he hadn't seen in a while in Michigan. Said and done! We rented a car and started the long drive. That is the moment when you realize how long Florida State is. I mean as soon as we got out of the state we were crossing state borders every hour but until we got to Georgia it took us 6 hours.

Anyway, we drove a lot but we enjoyed it as he were switching drives and there were a lot of interesting places we have seen along the road. Now when we got to MI someone told us we have to go over the bridge from Mackinaw City. That was really a nice experience. It seems the bridge is the 3rd largest bridge in the world. It connects the lower and the upper Michigan peninsula. The view from the top i bet it's amazing (I have seen some videos on Youtube.com). The bridge doesn't connect the Mackinac Island to the main land but it bears its name... I don't know why.

Anyway, if you are in the area and looking for a nice driving experience than you have to see this man made wonder. You can find travel info about the Mackinaw Area all over the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment